If you are using an Android phone you know that with a single word ‘ok Google,’ you can search anything in your Android app. but the Google Assistant is designed to give more than that.
What is Google Assistant?
First of all, let us know when this Google’s Assistant has been introduced. The Google’s Assistant was launched in the month of May 2016. It is not the only Artificial Intelligence Technology that was in use right then.
Google’s Assistant had to face very powerful competitors at that time. Google’s Assistant faced challenges from Apple’ Siri, Amazon’s Alexa virtual assistant apps. Let us discuss.
Apple’s Siri… The Apple Siri was launched in the month of October 2011. Apple’s Siri is a virtual assistant app from Apple for its iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS operating systems. The Apple’s Siri assistant uses a natural-language user interface and voice queries to respond and answer the queries. The Apple’s Siri was the best search engine partner for Apple.
After that Amazon’s Alexa has led the path. Amazon Alexa is an Amazon-developed virtual assistant, first used in and the Amazon Echo Dot and the Amazon Echo smart speakers developed by Amazon.
Amazon Alexa is capable of voice interaction, making to-do lists, music playback, streaming podcasts, setting alarms, playing audiobooks, and providing weather, sports, traffic and other real-time information.
After one year Cortina for Windows 10 has got a very great appreciation as an artificial intelligence search partner.
These entire search engine partners where the great competitors to Google’s assistant. Even though the Google’s virtual Assistant has started late, it has surpassed every other virtual assistant technology.
In the beginning, the Google Assistant was dedicated only to Android pixel mobiles. Later on, android had launched that for every other mobile having an Android version of 5.0 or above.
How to Install Google Assistant in Android
In most of the Android devices, Google’s Assistant is pre-installed one. To access the Google’s assistant you can simply long press the home button and white screen with 4 dots appears on your Android. You can also say ‘Ok Google’ to open the Google assistant. Once your Google’s Assistant has opened you can give any command to it and it will obey.
If your Android assistant is not pre-installed on your Android device you can simply download it from Google app store. Remember that your Android version should be above 5.0 to use the Google’s Assistant and at least 1.4 GB of memory is required.
The good thing about Google Assistant is it is also available for Apple users. You can download Google’s Assistant app from App Store if you have an IOS version of 9.1 or above.
How to use Google Assistant
Android users can directly open Google’s Assistant by long pressing the home button or simply saying ‘Ok Google’ but in case of Apple users, they need to open the Google’s assistant App manually or tap the microphone icon on the home screen. You can use your voice to search for something or to ask something or also you can directly type in the question in the writing box below.
Awesome Things You Can Learn From Google Assistant
Google Assistant Functioning Features
After touching and holding the home button of your android phone, you may say ok Google. Google’s assistant gets itself ready to serve you humbly. Then,
- You can manage your tasks. Google’s Assistant helps you manage your tasks. You can set reminders, and check Emails.
- Send texts and save battery by activating battery saver option.
- Get Answers.
- Make Memories
- Plan your Daily Activities.
- And you can enjoy yourselves with Google’s Assistant by asking to go to various websites which offer entertainment and enjoyment.
Google Assistant is Safe and Secure
Google Assistant is secure, safe and it is under our control. We can choose what to share with Assistant. There is a chance of deleting or managing our earlier conversations with Assistant easily. We may give permission to Google Assistant at the time of setting up on your device.
Google assistant asks permissions regarding your account data, like web and app activity, voice and audio activity and device information. If you give the Google Assistant the access of your Google Account, and if your web and app activity is turned on, your activity with your Google’s Assistant will be saved to your “My Activity Page”.
What are Google Assistant’s Commands?
Mostly the Google’s Assistant will understand anything you say to it and it replies to you with the exact answer. In some cases, there are a set of commands which you can directly use to do certain operations on your mobile.
For example, if you need to call someone, you can directly use the command ‘make a phone call,’ then the Google’s Assistant will ask you the name of the person you want to call. Or if you need to send a message you can directly use the command ‘send a message’ and the Google’s assistant will understand and brings on the messaging screen.
Here are the set of commands which you can directly use for Google assistant.
- How is the weather?
- Find a restaurant near me.
- Make a phone call.
- Write a message.
- Navigate home.
- Open an app.
You can use the above commands and the Google’s Assistant will prompt you to say the name of the particular app you need to open or person you need to message or call.
You can directly use Google Assistant commands included with the person’s names or app names as shown below.
- Call Sam.
- Message gym.
- Text Jim ‘I’ll be home right now.’
- Open Instagram.
- Define ‘federation’
Additional Features of Google Assistant
- You can manually change the settings in the Google assistant.
- Change the type of voice that should be recognized by the Google assistant.
- Restrict certain apps that Google Assistant should not open.
- Even you can add some shortcut commands to Google assistant.
- You can also turn off the Google Assistant by simply disabling it from the settings.
- If you don’t want Google assistant to recognize the ‘Ok Google’ command, you can disconnect the access to assistant using ‘Ok Google setting’ in settings.
- You can also make Google Assistant unlock your phone using the voice recognition. That is if your phone is locked and if you say Ok Google and if the voice matches, your phone will unlock automatically. To do that you need to add your voice model beforehand.
How to Delete Your Google Assistant Activity
Google Assistant saves your earlier activity to do things like remembering your interests and to give you more personalized information. You can see or delete the earlier activity at any point of time. You can delete a specific activity and you can also delete all activity at once.
How to Delete a Specific Activity from Your Mobile Phone On Google Assistant
- Touch and Hold the Home button of your Mobile Phone
- Say ‘Ok Google’
- Find an item in your conversation with Google’s Assistant which you want to delete
- Touch and Hold the particular conversation
- That particular conversation will be highlighted
- Then Delete Group
How to Delete All Activities at once on Google Assistant
- Go to Assistant Activity page on your Google Account
- Tap ‘More’ on Google Assistant’s banner which is located at the top right
- Go to Delete Activity by –
- Choose ‘All Time’ under ‘Delete By Date’
- Tap’ OK’ under ‘Delete’
- Delete after confirmation
- Sometimes, it can take a day or more to get your conversation deleted from your other devices.
So, you have learned everything that you need to know about Google’s Assistant. The Google assistant is improved much in the recent years and it is trying in many ways to make it much better.
Simply say ‘Ok Google’ and make your phone turn hands free. If you are already using Google assistant share your experiences with us in the comment box below.
Readers Also Searched For